OG Prisons PvP & Nostalgia

Discussion in 'General' started by Sal__, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Sal__

Sal__ Well-Known Member
    Elder Vulcan+ Sahara V+ Emperor+ Martian Cyborg Overlord

Was bored and thinking of a legacy planet again, miss the pvp and old ways on prisons, if you’re feeling nostalgic, give it a watch tbh.

2. DaddyRookie

DaddyRookie Well-Known Member
    Sentry Emperor+

That is actually a good montage i really really really hope cosmic can have the old pvp and the enchant... We all like the old enchanting system not books

3. XsSlayeR3

XsSlayeR3 Community Manager
    Administrator

Crazy to think that was that long ago, fees like it was just last week that I would do /spawn to go to the cells xD

4. Fearzu

Fearzu Well-Known Member
    Elder Sahara V Ash Emperor Divergent

slayer we want legacy!!!! -Leaf

5. Jondazzi

Jondazzi Well-Known Member
    Timeless II Spruce Terminator Vulcan Sahara V+ Emperor+

so fat. if they do that I might come back

6. Kevin0808

Kevin0808 Well-Known Member
    Sahara V Vulcan Emperor Oak Pioneer Robot

back when there was cell pvp... :(

7. PayPalDeals

PayPalDeals Well-Known Member
    Sapling Sahara V Timeless V Vulcan Emperor+ Bot

Why does slayer not give us what we want

8. Xeiko

Xeiko Well-Known Member
    Sapling Terminator Sahara V Vulcan Emperor+ Divergent

Hard to code what was once OG prisons, lots of stuff was added for a reason, to change the game and try bringing a new aspect to prisons, bringing back legacy isn't impossible but with how many CC's and with these new masks / pets and even custom sets that have been added into the game. Will we really enjoy legacy again...?

9. DaddyRookie

DaddyRookie Well-Known Member
    Sentry Emperor+

For og players legacy is better than the prisons we are having rn

10. Xeiko

Xeiko Well-Known Member
    Sapling Terminator Sahara V Vulcan Emperor+ Divergent

True, but what do you think the MAIN player base is now? Majority of newer players wouldn't you say? Changing to Legacy would take too much time when they could be fixing more important things, im all for legacy as myself miss the good ol days of being able to actually drop irons but thats besides the point.

11. Kevin0808

Everyone is remembering the "Aspects" of legacy they liked. Not the actually legacy method.

- In legacy the mining leveling/up was trash
    - hitmen actually aided the attacker in killing the victim, hitmen did not defend the victim
    - flares had a 1 minute timer, almost guaranteeing you'd loose it.
    - most quit when they hit redstone mine
    - pickaxe level ups was bad too.
    - no level cap on weapons/armor so if you had a level 100 sword it was basically a auto-win for pvp.
    - the mines were way to small, and would run out of ores constantly for weeks, making leveling up take 2-10x longer depending how bad it was.
    - not enough cells
    - maps were to small
    - godsets were too op. (I once had 8 players chase me while i did laps for 5 minutes straight, they never had a hope of killing me)
    - none stop grind, first to hit 100 ran around and killed the whole map screwing the server over sometimes as fast as 3 days
    - impossible to mine diamonds unless you were a in a top 2 gangs; causing more quits as the guards were useless.
    - diamonds could run through lower tier cells ruining cell pvp
    - 5 levels of feed "wtf"
    - way to easy to drive by (3 swings and throw your sword while wearing junk armor) kill anyone you want.

Aspects people generally liked

- no hit delay = real pvp, not this fake best enchant wins pvp we have now
    - cell pvp
    - enchanting was realistic (now godsets = p2w items)
    - the cells were closer together and linked.
    - While the maps have improved recently they still lack the character of original sahara or valron map1.

If I missed anything feel free to add it. It's really just some aspects of legacy, not a actual legacy planet that is the issue.

12. Lynaru

Lynaru Alpha Tester II
    Alpha Tester II Ash Emperor+

- In legacy the mining leveling/up was trash
    - hitmen actually aided the attacker in killing the victim, hitmen did not defend the victim
    - flares had a 1 minute timer, almost guaranteeing you'd loose it.
    - most quit when they hit redstone mine
    - pickaxe level ups was bad too.
    - no level cap on weapons/armor so if you had a level 100 sword it was basically a auto-win for pvp.
    - the mines were way to small, and would run out of ores constantly for weeks, making leveling up take 2-10x longer depending how bad it was.
    - not enough cells
    - maps were to small
    - godsets were too op. (I once had 8 players chase me while i did laps for 5 minutes straight, they never had a hope of killing me)
    - none stop grind, first to hit 100 ran around and killed the whole map screwing the server over sometimes as fast as 3 days
    - impossible to mine diamonds unless you were a in a top 2 gangs; causing more quits as the guards were useless.
    - diamonds could run through lower tier cells ruining cell pvp
    - 5 levels of feed "wtf"
    - way to easy to drive by (3 swings and throw your sword while wearing junk armor) kill anyone you want.

In legacy mining and leveling was actually a challenge because it was significantly harder because it was harder to get energy for enchants, white scrolls, and no boosters, and it was so rewarding so even make it to 70 to use iron so I dont really understand what you mean by “trash” it separated the people who put time into the game from the people who bought their way to the top.

hitmen did in fact defend but they weren’t as op as enforcers or as weak as guards to balance out nightmare. When you started to get attacked just stand into the middle of an open area or inside a hit man and the person drive bying can’t get close to killing you, also this promoted putting time into your mining gear instead of popping your gkits and calling it a day.

I don’t mind the flares 1 min timer because it was a risk and it was something to do once you got to max level although I do see where you are coming from.

I don’t really get what you mean by most quit by red stone mine. Most quit at iron when they realized they didn’t like the grind but a majority of the active players were at redstone.

the level cap on gear you are talking about makes no sense a level 100 sword and a level 50 sword with no enchants did the same damage. There was no added damage from having a higher level sword past a certain level (30 or 50 I think it was) and it was not auto win and most fights were who had more skill because of less gear enchants.

The mines weren’t too small other than sov map 1 nightmare which was horrible but everyone stopped at 90 anyways because of diamond gear and just used cells to mine. I never had an issue mining in nightmare in sov map 2/3/4.

I agree sov map 1 was too small but 2/3 were a perfect size for the player size and the maps have grown due to the player base but I feel they are too large currently.

Yes god sets were too op whenever new enchants were being released like crazy in late map 2 early map 3 I think. Like you could run around the whole map for an hour or 2 while the other person is villain and still not kill them just watch sals old pcp vids. Life steal was a big one but before that god set fights were scary to get into and there was always a huge risk of dying quickly to a gang of 2-3.

gotta agree on the try hards who shared accounts to hit 100 in a few days ( EHEM ZERCON) anyways yeah I hated that and like the limitation now.

It was hard to mine diamond if you weren’t in a top truced gang but hit man helped with the issue and made it possible with a decent mining set (overload, shockwave, gears, lucky)

Ok I agree diamonds were assholes in cells but cell pvp was one of the best things to do as a high level. Old cell pvp was the best and the top 2 gangs always took it to the cells to fight for sets. But then trapping in cells began and kind of ruined it.

Again drive bys were hard because if the miner knew what to do which wasn’t hard he could easily live and it was hard to hit someone while being knocked around by a hit man.

I didn’t really intend to disagree on everything but I just wanted to show the perspective of an og player who started in beta and played throughout map 4.

13. RyceMerch

RyceMerch Well-Known Member
    Spruce Sahara V Ash Emperor+ Cyborg Pioneer

Sick video, loved how you had to gain energy just through mining and doing gkits rather then having forges that you do nothing for and getting insane amounts of energy per day from it, after the big cell update and the pvp update the server has been going downhill imo, not saying its not fun but it used to be way better before and outpost fights were just amazing such as trainee fights with max leather sets and risking alot of energy to either gain sets or lose everything to start making sets once again to battle it out. Prisons will never be the same, and with this cell raiding update coming it will change drastically.

14. Kevin0808

holy shit! wow. i'm not replying to this, I just poke a big hole in one

you say drive by's were hard, that's utter B.S. driveby's were easy. I use to do them. 3 whacks with a level 12-16 sword and toss dude was dead.

15. Snorylax

Snorylax Well-Known Member
    Sahara V Vulcan Emperor Martian

- In legacy the mining leveling/up was trash - No it was a grind without prestiges
    - hitmen actually aided the attacker in killing the victim, hitmen did not defend the victim - hitmen arent that og lol
    - flares had a 1 minute timer, almost guaranteeing you'd loose it. - no never lost a flare maps were larger with more hills
    - most quit when they hit redstone mine - not according to the player base back then
    - pickaxe level ups was bad too. - what
    - no level cap on weapons/armor so if you had a level 100 sword it was basically a auto-win for pvp. - That was good wdym and it isnt an auto win in pvp where did u pvp lol
    - the mines were way to small, and would run out of ores constantly for weeks, making leveling up take 2-10x longer depending how bad it was. - Increase mine size agreed
    - not enough cells - It was a grind to get cells and with smaller cells it allowed for cell pvp without u having to run 1000000m
    - maps were to small - no val map 2 was lit val map 1 was also lit
    - godsets were too op. (I once had 8 players chase me while i did laps for 5 minutes straight, they never had a hope of killing me) - no
    - none stop grind, first to hit 100 ran around and killed the whole map screwing the server over sometimes as fast as 3 days - grind more
    - impossible to mine diamonds unless you were a in a top 2 gangs; causing more quits as the guards were useless. -i mined dia and i was in 3rd top :(
    - diamonds could run through lower tier cells ruining cell pvp - that didnt ruin cell pvp it added spice, also i killed 2 dia gsets in t5 with iron by cell trapping
    - 5 levels of feed "wtf" - feed 5 was op af
    - way to easy to drive by (3 swings and throw your sword while wearing junk armor) kill anyone you want. - be aware of your surroundings

I can list thousands of more negatives in the new system than old, energy enchants are completely broken, books are stupid, cell pvp is practically gone, dia fights are impossible to win without getting ganked by divine 4s, gkits are too op now, p2w has increased so drastically that its practically impossible to get without putting money into the game, anti 6 broken, sys ruins pvp imo if u get someone to half a heart you sohuld kill them not have a pussy way of getting out, pvp is weird old pvp was much nicer, prestige X picks add for more p2w, the soon removal of cell raiding, new cell raiding is wack old cell raiding was much better, leather armour was nicer than chain dont even, xp boosters and way more

16. Kevin0808

another moron.

• Savage Savage x 1
  17. Lynaru

Lynaru Alpha Tester II
    Alpha Tester II Ash Emperor+

I agree with most of this but the new raiding system is better for the server and people that aren’t in big gangs to raid with. Also in my opinion boosters and getting energy from loot boxes and cc’s broke the game. Woofless said something to the affect of the beautiful thing about energy is that it equals the time spent mining and working to get better gear. That quote is a joke now lmao. Also kits broke pvp and getting “god kills” is just good gkit gear with some rare enchants added.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Snorylax

Snorylax Well-Known Member
    Sahara V Vulcan Emperor Martian

lmfao instead of insulting wanna give your opinion on why prisons is so great right now? degenerate.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MommyDino

MommyDino Well-Known Member
    Elder Terminator+ Sahara V Ash Ulterior Emperor+ Pioneer

#LegacyPrisons2020

20. MommyDino

MommyDino Well-Known Member
    Elder Terminator+ Sahara V Ash Ulterior Emperor+ Pioneer

Some of the retarded stuff like 5 levels of feed and mines sizes would be fixed lmao