2 Birds One Stone

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BigmacOG, Oct 12, 2019 at 4:07 PM.

1. BigmacOG

BigmacOG Well-Known Member
    Spruce Terminator Vulcan+ Sahara V+ Emperor+ Pioneer

I feel like Energy Books are wayyyyy too common in general. I understand this most recent lootbox might have been a way to give other people a chance at them, but I still think that energy books should be very sought after. Instead of just throwing them in lootboxes, they should be obtainable by some type of late game mechanic. My idea is a new PvE event.

The Cosmic Refinery (also a little allusion to the old name of the refinery mine):

The lore behind this is that some evil company is coming to cosmic to try and "refine" people's energy for profit. There would be a very large building in the Diamond zone (preferably by emerald mine). Once 10 players hit prestige 3, it allows these events to spawn. Every few days, a CEO spawns inside of the building. In order to get inside of the building, you have to be Prestige 2 100+. In order to fight the CEO, you need to kill special guards, do certain missions (mine a certain amount of blocks in a certain amount of time, certain small minigames), and do parkours, etc. There could be some kind of Key mechanic in which you need a key to open the gate to the building for your gang (allowing cosmic to continue making profit off of this while not making it ruin economies 30 days into the map) Once you kill the CEO (Which could be like a boss of some sort), a few (4-5) chests would spawn, inside of which would be:

Guarenteed (FOR EACH CHEST):
    5-10mil NRG
    10-15 Forge Fuel
    1%-3% Energy Page

Not Guarenteed:
    Pretty big chance at a Energy Enchant book (but not guarenteed)
    Chance at extra NRG, extra Forge Fuel, or Extra Energy Pages
    Low Chance at high tier prestige tokens
    Low Chance at a refined kit
    Very low chance at a 3rd rank or higher
    And anything else they can think of

Also there could be rewards for finishing this with a low amount of players, finishing it fast, etc.

I think this would be extremely fun to with a gang, and it will only spawn every 3-4 days, so the eco wouldnt be ruined at all (especially after seeing how lootboxes ruin ecos). This could remove the need of putting forge fuel in every single lootbox and CC, and hopefully would remove the need to EVER put energy books in lootboxes or CCs.

2. Risings

Risings Well-Known Member
    Timeless II Sahara V Ash Emperor+ Bot

Not bad idea but sounds kind of weird to add and alot of work for devs

3. BigmacOG

I mean think about the alien invasions tho, that wouldve sounded hella weird a year ago. This is a late game idea and a way to diminish the idea of having a completely maxed energy set at day 30. Also it would be fun asf :)

4. SpookyMixed

SpookyMixed New Member
    Sahara V Noble

this sounds very much like dungeons for cosmicpvp where you have to pay to enter the dungeon with no guarantee of rewards, this could be the same way but the price of entry is energy that scales as the map ages.

5. BigmacOG

yes, also as mining i thought maybe if it is not defeated, after a certain amount of time it could effect economy. For example lets say the event is still not finished after 1 day, the Mr gov shares for energy will start to decrease until the CEO is killed or something. Would be an incentive even more to kill it

6. Captainnn

Captainnn Well-Known Member
    Birch Vulcan Sahara IV Emperor Martian Overlord

Prisons version of dungeons, I likey. This is great for late game and I believe they should definitely look into adding this, if not something similar.

7. Hot_Cheese_2020

Hot_Cheese_2020 Active Member
    Sentry Sahara V+

It’s a good idea but I hate to break it to you I don’t think cosmic cares about grinding they care about money

8. Limoe

Limoe Well-Known Member
    Sentry Birch Ulterior Vulcan Emperor+ Pioneer Sahara II

this is literally cosmic pvp's dungeons POG. instead of adding this stuff, loottables should be buffed for its current events making it worth while (Bandits, Commissary chest etc.) half the time you get garbage from all these pve events and im pretty sure itll be the same for this. Might sound fun but after a week or 2, it isnt worth at all...specially if you take into the fact that 10-15 people do these at a time so each person will get like almost nothing)

9. xDraay

xDraay Member
    Emperor+

I think this is a nice addition to the game. Would take a while to implement. But I love the idea. It makes it so the gang aspect of the game is more prominent. Therefore, exposing the theme of prisons, which is to grind along with your gang mates. +1