Automation and Prisons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nooodle, May 16, 2019.

?

Does prisons need to change?

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Yes but with something other than was suggested

11.1%
  1. Nooodle

Nooodle Well-Known Member
    Ra Emperor+ Martian

Another season of prisons, another half of the the planet quitting because they are bored of doing the same thing every day. Holding down left click mining some emerald gens while watching youtube on a smaller window or second monitor. Sure there’s a koth once in a while but why lose your precious momentum? Outpost? Forget it, not worth the time. Ill make more money from my gens. Because that’s the way to get to the top right? Not pvping, not capturing outposts, just sitting there mining for hours upon hours. Sure it’s nice for a while, you grind all the way up to emeralds to make fat stacks of cash, but then what? Once you have lots of emerald gens you are going to be making the same amount of money for the rest of the season. Meanwhile everyone else who took longer to get to the point you’re at is catching up, and all of the sudden you aren’t so rich, you’re back to being the same as everybody else with nothing you can do about it. There’s nothing to work towards... if you want to hit level 103 go for it but whats the point of having /fly in the warzone if there’s not really a point to hunt people in the warzone anyways... and what’s the point of getting double the money for ores if you can just have one of your gang members sell for you. On factions there is really no limit to making money, keep stacking up spawners and you can get more and more money every day, with prisons once you get enough emmy gens there is no longer a goal. Adding more and more emmy gens isn’t going to make you more money unless you are mining them every day, and since your pick stops getting faster after a certain level it is impossible to mine all your emmy gens at a certain point. On factions there is also a lot more pvp. Why? Because they dont have to sit in their base for the spawners to work they can go out and do dungeons, koth, outposts, whatever they feel like doing because they aren’t losing any money. If there was a way to automate money making on prisons instead of having to constantly mine gens the amount of pvp would skyrocket and the server would be more enjoyable. I used to think that prisons was dying at the end of every season because of lack of late game content but I have come to realize that isn’t the case; because no matter how much content is added one thing remains the same... to get to the top you need money, and you don’t get money by capturing koth, or outposts, or even dungeons if they were added. You get money on prisons by mining gens, and you can only do that for so long before it becomes unbearably boring. As a member of the Nightfall truceship who has seen a lot of my gang quit because they are just bored of the server and am considering completely quitting myself it’s safe to say that something needs to change. Obviously i’m sure there will be a lot of controversy about this and I would love to hear everyone’s opinions.

2. Fearzu

Fearzu Active Member
    Sahara V Ash Divergent Elder Emperor

Yes this may be true but if gens get automated there will be a lot of problems such as do u get the xp and nrg and if there would be a huge eco increase everywere

3. Nooodle

Nooodle Well-Known Member
    Ra Emperor+ Martian

You would definitely not get xp from them, obviously it would have to be balanced so you would still have to grind for a while until you can make a sustainable income

4. HappyChickenESL

Spruce Ash Emperor+ Pioneer

I totally agree but its still prisons. A game mode where you are supposed to grind your **** ass off. The late game gets really boring because prices increase all the time but the money gain doesnt. I think that automated mining wouldnt help because then the prices would still go up etc. I think that there should be some kind of gain for ppl that ( for example ) mined a ton of blocks/gathered a ton of xp/spent a ton of time on the server etc. On other prisons server ( which I dont like because they are all the same ) you are still able to increase your ore sell values/gather even more cash. I also think that there needs to be a change to the current system and I really dont mean that you should add new prestiges and levels because thats just dumb lmao. Adding cool effects for people that mined like 20m blocks really wont change anything because no one will reach that any time soon. People also prefer to get something every once in a while than one big thing at the end of a LONG period. I hope that you can understand my :thonking: and can agree me in any way. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Edward_Train

Edward_Train Well-Known Member
    Emperor

They should encourage more pvp / add pvp incentives in my opinion. Like getting a kill on your sword can be redeemed for whatever garbage, like soul gems in factions

6. IceColdCowboy

IceColdCowboy Well-Known Member
    Emperor

Ehhh, I totally see where you're coming from, life on prisons is one big left click button basically
    However I don't think automating the process is a good way to go about fixing it

If you automate stuff, you're a) taking away the whole meaning of Prisons, and b) you're not guaranteeing that Prisons won't just get worse because people will sit around with literally nothing to do, as the generators do it for them. You'd just be redirecting the focus of people from mining to something else, which won't work because mining has the longest lifespan out of all game aspects imo.
    Picture this. Automated mining is a thing. Maybe now everyone PvPs, but hey, there's only so many ways to take away other people's hearts. Adventuring? Cosmic's platform isn't really suited to sustain any long-term adventures. Anything else you redirect the focus of the server onto will eventually get repetitive. It's the curse of all gaming, really.

Also you can say bye bye to economic proportions because revenue would turn into one giant cookie clicker game, where you automate yourself, make money, use it to automate yourself, to automate yourself, to make so much money that life is useless.

-1 From me, but good point of the post

7. TheKillerNL

TheKillerNL Well-Known Member
    Supreme Sahara II

How about they add "Money forges" Like a energy force. U buy em place em in ur cell and it generates money for u. Its not like u wil get xp/nrg cuz its a "Money forge" that will make it that if u want money u can get it. They should add Quests not like mine blocks but cooler ones. Like on cosmic pvp u have /challenges. So every week it could be like who killed the most bandits or merchents gets a high chance of getting top rank/cc/gkits/top+. Maybe even buycraft rewards. U can tweak it but this is my idea.

8. UseCode4HO

UseCode4HO Well-Known Member
    Vulcan Elder Emperor Overlord

9. __Chrono

__Chrono Active Member
    Vulcan+ Emperor+

-0.8 Prisons is a mining game mode. You have to mine to succeed in a mining game mode. The reason factions is set up so that you can automate money to spend time raiding and pvping is because it is a raid and pvp game mode.

I agree that there comes a point where inflation kicks in but money does not keep rising and that this sucks. One way to limit this is to reduce map durations, to keep things more fresh and not have 2 months where people just stockpile money and prices shoot up. The gen price increases seemed awful at first but actually they have done a great job at keeping people playing by making it harder to just fill a cell with gens.

Automated money that you don't have to work for just isn't prisons, and having said that boosters and rested xp have made it far easier to grind more stuff with less effort than ever before.

However I do agree with one point for sure. There should be rewards or permanent benefits for mining more blocks or playing continuously and if that's 1% more money per 100k blocks or even per 1m, it would mean you keep making more money by playing and don't cap out. In that regard, +1 to that set of ideas.

10. Browning_OG

Browning_OG Active Member
    Supreme Birch

+1 I would LOVE to see spawn ears or something added to the game. Thanks for the post this is NEEDED in the game.

11. ImNotAlbino

ImNotAlbino Well-Known Member
    Magma Emperor+ Martian

I don’t really understand where you get the “You have to mine to succeed in a mining gamemode” with prisons. As he said in the post, no matter how much you mine, people still catch up and then in the end everyone is the same level and tier as you. I don’t see success in that.

12. ImNotAlbino

ImNotAlbino Well-Known Member
    Magma Emperor+ Martian

I agree with everything in this post but i cannot think of any solutions! :(

13. __Chrono

__Chrono Active Member
    Vulcan+ Emperor+

Do you truly believe that every single person playing prisons will be 104 by the end of the season? Or even 101? I doubt it personally because of the amount of people who are just here to casually grind and then pvp when they hit 60 or 100. In that case yes, you can grind above other people.

14. eHoeSl1m

eHoeSl1m Well-Known Member
    Vulcan Sahara V Emperor Pioneer

I feel like they should add robots like vanity where the money goes into your account and make the nrg collectible inside it

15. Neilairplane

Neilairplane Well-Known Member
    Supreme

-1 Basically cookie clicker, very much agreed.