Energy Enchant Rework - By UpsideDown

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Larucus, May 14, 2019.

?

Would you like to see Cosmic Prisons implement these changes?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Larucus

Larucus Well-Known Member
    Sahara V+

To @ypperin

Thank you for your feedback on my last thread. I heavily appreciate it. I improved the format and made the information more displayable for more players to read and understand.

To @XsSlayeR3 and @trembo

Please consider these ideas. I believe a lot of people will like them and hopefully would like to see them implemented.

To Cosmic Prisoners

This thread is made to involve the community in order to improve the server we all love and care for. Please try to leave productive criticism so I was able to improve the quality of future posts!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Energy Enchants
    Energy Enchants are currently in a sticky situation. I would say that one enchant is fairly well balanced, which is System Reboot; however, there are enchants that are not like AntiVirus and Divine Lightning.

AntiVirus
    Energy Per Use: 200k-500k
    Amount Of Healing: Up to 16 Hp
    Chance: Remains the same for the time being.

This nerf will lower the enchants efficiency a little bit by reducing it's healing and increasing the energy it costs per activation; however, keeps the same chance in order to keep the enchant a valuable and game-changing effect.

Divine Lightning
    Energy Per Use: 35k-65k
    Damage: Heavily increased

This buff to the enchant is made to bring value to it; however, balance it out at it's more powerful higher levels by increasing the energy it will cost. The damage Divine Lightning will do heavy burst damage that will scale based on the amount of energy already used within the fight.

Example: During the fight, using Divine Lightning IV has burned through 650k cosmic energy. During that moment, you will deal less damage than when you have burned through 6.5m cosmic energy. This enchant will deal maximum damage for its level once it has been activated 40 times. It will work similarly to momentum; however, it will expire its charges after 5 minutes of not using them.

Trinkets
    Trinkets are currently the most used PvP tools in the game and are becoming more powerful by the minute as more people are obtaining them in groups! To balance out trinkets during team play, they will require a mini re-work such as this.

Healing Trinket
    Charges: X
    Energy: 25,000(X)
    Energy Per Use: 25,000
    Cooldown: 1m

This rework of the trinket is done to prevent the massive Healing Trinket spam during team fights created by teammates healing themselves to full HP from near death. Though this will be a very small change, it should make it more difficult for players to time the "perfect" healing moments.

Resistance Trinket
    Energy: 50,000(X)
    Energy Per Use: 50,000
    Duration: 15s
    Cooldown: 90s

This trinket is currently too expensive for the effect it does. Even the trinket's effect is undoubtedly useful, a large amount of energy and the large cooldown do not make the trinket effective enough to bring into battle or even buy.

Absorption Trinket
    Energy: 75,000(X)
    Energy Per Use: 75,000
    Duration: 1m
    Cooldown: 2m

This trinket is by far the strongest trinket that has ever come out for PvP. This trinket is very often used by teams before entering a fight in order to obtain 4 free hearts for 40k cosmic energy. This is why the cost per use is being increased, as the trinket is insane good for its current cost. Additionally, the cooldown between uses is doubled to prevent the spam scenario that causes large gangs to be able to infinitely participate in team fights without deaths based on rotations.

Grappling Hook
    Energy: 40,000(X)
    Energy Per Use: 40,000
    Cooldown: 30s

This trinket needs a little nerf on the cooldown. Currently, it is used to get across the entire map and away from any player if it is in the right hands. Increasing the cooldown will make the trinket much more strategic and involve a higher risk in using it in get-away situations.

2. XsSlayeR3

XsSlayeR3 Community Manager
    Administrator

Not read through the entire post just yet but I wanted to note with Divine Lightning we actually discovered that the cause of the damage being so little was down to when the enchant was dealing the damage tick it was limiting other damage events on the player.

We have fixed this issue and said fix will be rolling out for it soon! I just want to note that as the damage dealt from that enchant which you have seen so far is nothing close to what the enchant was intended to deal! So I would suggest waiting for that fix to roll out and see how effective Divine Lightning is then!

3. Larucus

Sahara V+

Understood! Can't wait to see the change!

4. PinnapplePotato

PinnapplePotato Well-Known Member
    Sahara V Divergent Imperial

Cant wait to see the potential changes on some of these really useful energy enchants! ;):p

5. DJK2002

DJK2002 Well-Known Member
    Sahara V+ Ash Imperial

Ngl, these tweaks make the game less p2w and that seems like a nice direction towards prisons, (p2w gives an advantage but is not needed to succeed)

6. Vennalingur

Vennalingur New Member
    Sahara IV Noble

Larucus big gay just wanna say, but I +1 everything but resistance trinket the cooldown is to fast it needs to be like 1 minute and 30 sec

7. Larucus

Sahara V+

That's what I suggested?

8. PinnapplePotato

PinnapplePotato Well-Known Member
    Sahara V Divergent Imperial

Ven is slow...

9. NooLifee

NooLifee Well-Known Member
    Supreme Magma Divergent

10. __Chrono

__Chrono Active Member
    Vulcan+ Emperor+

+1 To abolutely everything except this. System reboot 3 makes it impossible to kill anyone stacked. And yes it's 5m nrg but if their set is worth more than that (and having SR3 on it alone makes it worth more than that) it's worth it every time. I think the cooldown should be longer, or at least switch the energy costs like with every other energy enchant where the high levels are more effective but cost more. Also if it rebooted them to below overload (10 hearts instead of 18) it might be possible for stacked people to die again.

11. FierceFireWolf

FierceFireWolf Active Member
    Sahara V+

+1 to most, however the resistance trinket needs to have a longer cooldown time, as it is too op if it is every 15 seconds. What everyone must remember is that trinkets are prolonging sets PvP, and making it tough to kill sets before they can get out to safety

12. Larucus

Sahara V+

The Resistance Trinket will last for 15 seconds; however, have a 90 second cooldown... It’s written above?

13. FierceFireWolf

FierceFireWolf Active Member
    Sahara V+

Sorry I see that what I said is a bit unclear. What I mean was that the fact that they last for 15 seconds is op, therefore the cooldown should be longer - more like 2 minutes

14. vMiles

vMiles Active Member
    Emperor

IMO: System reboot is actually one of the most broken energy enchants. It coupled with the trinkets means that someone in a full 41 diamond set basically can't die. Because, after you die, by the time you die again (especially with trinkets) the cooldown is gone creating basically infinite life. Also, at that level the energy isn't that big of a deal since you can get it so easily. I think, and this might be a very far stretch, that it should cost maybe 10% of your XP when it procs. So it is not as punishing to lower levels, but if your in diamond. It costs a lot to proc, and would make it a debated enchant on whether or not to put on a god set

15. Larucus

Sahara V+

I would heavily disagree. The enchant is in a very good position right now because if you are a skilled PvPer, alongside with your gang, you can easily focus on one player. If Divine Lightning is fixed, as @XsSlayeR3 mentioned above, then System Reboot will only be in a better spot as it will be more cancelable; however, there is no rework that currently needs to be done.

16. IceColdCowboy

IceColdCowboy Well-Known Member
    Emperor

+1 good ideas all around, these all need the balancing

17. eHoeSl1m

eHoeSl1m Well-Known Member
    Vulcan Sahara V Emperor Pioneer

Meh why not buy you should be able to put as much energy on a trinket so you don’t have to keep going to spawn and re applying nrg. But other than that +1

18. Larucus

Sahara V+

You can put as much nrg on a Trinket as you want?