Cells need to be changed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Throbbin, May 13, 2019.

1. Throbbin

Throbbin Active Member
    Vulcan+ Emperor+ Predator

As I have now played since map 1, I have seen the cell change as it happened. Personally, I don't mind the fact that the cells themselves changed from the way they were, but I do think they were better before. I liked the fact that you couldn't just live in the smallest cells on the server all season, as they were too small for that. Also, I liked the way the guards guarded the entire cell and that you had to make sets for the guards not just enchant them. I think this added a different dynamic to the game and usually left people mining in the mines or meteorites as they couldn't just sit in a T5 and mine all season. As I am aware, we will most likely not be getting old cells back without a legacy planet but I think some things need to be changed. For example, these "Qcy unraidable defenses" need to be changed. It has almost single handedly ruined raiding as you can no longer raid the majority of cells that have some value in them. I think that these cell defenses should be removed, because to be fair they are too overpowered. I know most people won't agree as they like the fact no one can touch their gens, but as a person who likes raiding it's very annoying to run down the hall and be like "oh we can't raid that one, its another Qcy cell defense." I think that people should not be allowed to build the defenses, or guards should be changed to have to always be able to leave the cell and not be surrounded entirely by blocks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. TheDaveDM

TheDaveDM New Member
    Vulcan Emperor

As much as I would like my cell to not be raided but I agree on you there shouldnt be cells that you cant even reach the guards. Where you would have jump in a water trap to kill a guard. I know nobody will remove any of these new guard updates but what I think would make me happy if the guards wouldnt have range. They would reach the whole cell no matter what. That would make guards stop gliching and making them actualy get out of the cell no matter what. Its just my opinion but I agree with Throbbin the old guards were way better and it was way more fun in my opinion

3. GoHomePalms

GoHomePalms Well-Known Member
    Magma Emperor

4. Kevin0808

Kevin0808 Well-Known Member
    Vulcan Sahara II Emperor Oak Pioneer

Can't reach the guards doesn't make any sense. If you trigger a raid that means the guard can reach you. If you can't trigger a raid, then that means no guard is protecting that block so go ahead and break it.

there's no reason to have to go in the water to fight the guards, kill the guard that protecting the block in front of the water, after that smash a hole where the water is, then you can just run back out of the cell.

5. Harrypotterfan07

Harrypotterfan07 Alpha Tester II
    Alpha Tester II Vulcan+ Sapling Emperor+

In the original qcy defence which is possible to raid he posted a video of them doing it, you have 1 guard that all the defence is in its range so u cant break any of those blocks but that guard is "trapped" in a tunnel that it cant leave, so you have to go through all the guards to get into the cell.

I personally prefered the old cell system as it was much harder and even now it will be kinda hard to make a god guard set, though now we have demi godset gkits which would make it easier. As stated above though, people would have to mine in the mines more because a t5 had no space to put gens, a t4 you could get a decent amount but they were still way smaller then low tier cells are now. Also people used to be scared of being raided, maybe not tier1 and vips but anything lower and its wasnt insanely hard to raid someone. I should know my t5 got raided like 15 times val map1 yeah it sucked but like its a part of the game.

6. Kevin0808

can we start by not calling it the qcy defense, he didn't make it. people have been watering like this since prisons launched. regardless how anyone waters their cell. You don't have to go into the water for any reason to raid the cell.

The absolute worse case scenario (however very unlikely) is you would have to stand on the top of the ladder and kill the guard protecting the blocks from there after the guards are dead, remove those blocks around the water and continue on with the raid.

7. Harrypotterfan07

Thats kinda the point of the qcy defence is that you cant do what you just said, you have to go in the water to kill most of the guards/ you need to kill the guards so you can go through the doors, you cant actually kill the guard thats protecting all the blocks from being broken until you get all the way through all the doors the guard cant attack you but it gets around the inspector because technically theres a route to the exit of the cell much like guards on higher levels of your cell, but the guard cant walk through the tunnel confining it and the end of the tunnel is out of the guards range so it cant get out to attack you but you cant attack it so it always protects all the defence bloxks so you cant just kill 1 guard and break your way into the cell. You have to jump down into the water with the only way out being death or /jet if you can get out of combat long enough. Its possible to raid it and qcy posted him raiding one not long ago, hes also made a v2 which is harder to raid.

8. Kevin0808

- it's not his defense, he just happen to youtube it.
    - no you don't have to jump down into the water to raid it.
    - I personally been making similar defenses long before anyone started posting about it on the forums. It's all raidable without being trapped. Once you kill the guard(s) protecting the blocks in your way, simply mine them, If you happen to have depth strider, it be like the defense never even existed.

9. Harrypotterfan07

Yeah i get hes just the one who posted it but a lot of people just call it the qcy cause hes the one who posted it, tbh i had a similar one not quite the same as well, but still hiw are you going to mine the blocks to get in when you cant hit the guard thats guarding the blocks. The only way to hit that guard if they set it up properly is if you get fully into the cell by going through all the doors...

10. Kevin0808

If that is what is happening then someone is exploiting a glitch and a video of it shot should be reported as a bug report. I was there for a raid on a setup like this before the planet reset, It was hilarious. The guys would just climb up the ladder smack the guard a few times, climb down the ladder, Rinse and repeat. They eventually gave up, trying to fight on top of a ladder was probably a pain in the butt. My cell just happen to be beside the raid.

11. MrGovernment

MrGovernment Well-Known Member
    Supreme

While I do agree that the cell defenses / guards need to be nerfed, Slayer himself said (on stream) that cells will not be changed until the start of a new map (aka, when Sahara or Sovereign reset).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Harrypotterfan07

Its not a glitch its just using the mechanics of the guards to have all the blocks that are your defence protected so you cant break them by one guard that you can only kill once you are inside, the way guards work is everything within its range is protected but a guard cant leave its range or go through blocks so if its in a section that it can leave while being in its range then it cant get to the front to attack you, they cant really change it without going back to the old system because then all your guards guarding gens would get messed up. Its not a glitch its just people being smart about where they place a certain guard

13. Harrypotterfan07

Yeah and thats definatly a good call as last time they changed it was all of cells were changed, this way people arent going to lose a whole lot and CB like with the gen update, they are learning from their mistakes

14. evilfighter

evilfighter Well-Known Member
    Vulcan+ Sahara II Divergent Emperor+ Pioneer Birch

isn't it better to push a cell update while its broken so players can make it perfect for a reset instead of having to wait for a reset what might not even fix the cells unless they revaret the whole cell update but i don't think there going to that

15. __Chrono

__Chrono Active Member
    Vulcan+ Emperor+

This would be ideal however if they suddenly make a bunch of cell defences raidable that were very hard to raid before, a bunch of people are going to get raided and lose their stuff overnight. Major changes mid-map often cause mass CB or break the economy which is why they tend to wait until resets to implement these.

16. NooLifee

NooLifee Well-Known Member
    Supreme Magma Divergent

17. 3vasive

3vasive Well-Known Member
    Emperor

Slayer already stated that cells will not be reworked until the next map to prevent glitches and people being raided if they make a mistake.

18. IceColdCowboy

IceColdCowboy Well-Known Member
    Emperor

Y E S
    Sov 1 and 2 were a real struggle, now you have a cell and you're set for life its to ez
    It was also really nice to have something to do after you made your own set, you could go for guard gear.
    +1