The Real state of Cosmic Prisons.

Discussion in 'General' started by ThatTacoMan, Feb 10, 2019.

1. ThatTacoMan

ThatTacoMan Well-Known Member
    Elder Ash Sahara V+ Emperor Pioneer

With all the updates over the past few seasons it seems like cosmic is just going 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards. With the recent update post from slayer 'The current state of Cosmic Prisons and our plans for future!' doesn't address the real issues nor the important issues; instead it just addresses the unneeded changes that the staff believe will fix the server.

Issues with the post
    There focused on catering to the low level players, trying to get people to stay and not quit. This is ridiculous, why cater to the people who CHOSE to be below level 60. It takes 15 mins from 0-10, 1-2 hours for level 10-30, 6-8 hours for 30-50 and 4-5 hours for 50-60 (these are all rough estimates with level 20 picks can be a lot less in a lot of occasions). By taking the latter of these numbers and adding a few extra hours it takes no more than 20 solid hours of grinding to hit 60, these 20 hours can be split up 1 hour a day for 20 days and you will still be able to keep up with other players. If someone is less than level 60 its cos they CHOSE not to grind on a prisons server, a server all about grinding.

The reason I chose level 60: level 60 is when you can unlock iron, irons are now tanky enough to survive long enough to run away from diamonds and in some cases kill diamonds. One person in god iron can kill a demi-god or god diamond, not guaranteed but it depends on things like pvp skills of the two players and procs. More so procs as if you don't get any or few enlightened, lifesteal or last stand procs you're dead. From this being level 60 is good enough to contest diamonds and from extensive amounts of experience I can confirm this.

By choosing to cater tho these low level players who can't and don't commit to spending just 20 hours of grinding is illogical and a terrible plan, these player will obviously never stay and never play long because they can't commit to the game type and they shouldn't be playing if they cannot commit to it. The way the staff are treating this server goes against what all games do, you don't see other grind based games such as WOW catering to low tier players. They cater to the higher tier players which entice the lower level players to play more, reach the higher levels to get to participate in the activities that only are available to the higher levels. You are neglecting your current player base, the ones who can commit to the game type and will actively play, eventually you're going to make them all quit, you have been, once they quit the server dies as these 'new' players you want to keep playing can't and don't commit to the grind.

The comment on leather players not being able to do things is a ridiculous comment as it takes less than 2 hours of mining to get out of leather.

The real issues with cosmic prisons
    1. Raiding
    2. PvP
    3. Cells
    4. End game content
    5. Weapon and amour level caps
    6. Guards and Hitmen
    Raiding
    Raiding is slowly getting better however it is still extremely buggy, broken and unbalanced. This issue is one that annoys me the most as it was something that was perfectly fine before with one small change that was needed which was amour caps in tiered cells. Every cell t4 and upwards would take 5-20 people to raid depending on cell defence, your gear level and who's defending. It took 1-2 hours to get into most cells and then up to 20 hours to clean out the cell.

What needs to be done, cells need to be changed as a whole (will get into that later) once changed the way guards work need to be changed again. The change in guards was to increase the customisation of cells if anything it removed that, before you looked for custom enchants to have on gear that work well together to annoy raiders, potentially kill them and/or prolong the raid to give you longer to get on and defend. Reverting back to old guards would be perfect and make things raiding wise a lot smoother with no issues, you don't have to spend hundreds of hours trying to fix what wasn't broken in the first place.

Why this needs to be done, currently with Max and VIP cells 1 person who knows what they're doing can stop a raid as long as they catch it early enough otherwise they need a few people. (obviously this only works if the cell they're defending have standard guard levels/enchants, like max damage, and if the cell design is decent too.) Other cells such as High and Medium are way too easy to raid, you need a whole gang to stop a raid. Every cell should be possible to raid, ever cell should take 5-20 people to raid, every cell should take 5+ people to defend. Otherwise raiding just isn't possible as for 1 person to be on at all times is extremely likely and almost impossible to find a 2 hour slot where there isn't one person on.

PvP
    Currently the pvp system is extremely messed up, few people use god sets and its mainly just gkit pvp. Gkit should be how it was before, not even up to par on contesting a god set. God sets take days or weeks to create sometimes months for lower level players however now few people want to create these as they're safe in gkit and can do almost anything in gkit.

Again old system would of been better, diamond was too op then yes however making it so irons and gkit can kill god sets was the stupidest decision ever. Make iron do less damage to diamond amour but still be as tanky towards them would be a good change as it allows irons to be able to run and survive but not fight back.

Iron vs Iron pvp is fine except gkit is god set again (max hero is almost max in general). Gold vs Gold rarely happens but again gkit is god set and from my experience you only really die in 1v1s once your gear breaks. Leather vs Leather is completely broken you take almost no damage this is due to levels being capped at level 11 meaning you have no enchants causing you to deal no damage. Gkit is godset.

Also fix blaze scorch and inferno fire ticks for half a second at max level, its broken and has been since the pvp update.

Cells
    Cells are way too large, the reasons for mega cells isn't because peoples realised better cell setups its because of the cell update which increased the cell sizes drastically. The current size of cells allow for you to afk mass amount of gens easily, allows you to have a bigger shatter set up and therefore ultimately allows you to get more cash which allows for more gens in return. With the recent update of gens costing 10x more and you earning 3x more cash 10x for ref means you'll have a lot less gens again which also means you don't need as much space halving the current size of cells is more than needed as I strongly believe that maybe reducing them to a quarter of their size would be the best solution.

Cell guards shouldn't have range and you shouldn't be able to level them up. It should be the gear system on guards and guards should cover the whole cell, obviously cells are too large for that right now so reducing the size like suggested would be needed (like how it was originally).

End game content
    I'm not going to propose ideas as plenty have been proposed for this on suggestions instead I'm going to talk about why its needed and why we actually have none.

End game content is needed to entice these lower tier players who quit early to spend a few hours mining (the aim of the game) to get these higher levels to be able to compete and participate in these end game content. By adding early game content in a grinding game mode where you're in these low levels for actually a matter of hours is ridiculous as you're keeping these players at lower levels by doing so which ultimately limits their game play. But then by making it so being a low tier player is viable in competing against high tier means that you're removing the whole purpose of prisons - to grind.

• Raiding is an end game content however right now its broken, unbalanced and buggy as I've talked about above.
    • Outpost pvp is a sort of end game content (more so cosmo) however as talked about above its turned into gkit vs gkit or mass gkit vs god set no longer god set vs god set.
    • The pit, after 50-100 days in the server the pit becomes useless and pointless in going. Only reason to go is if you want to mine emmy mets but by then you should have emmy gens by then and if you want to try to receive things like ares gkit flares or emmy sats.
    Weapons and amour caps
    These should be based off levels not amour type, this way it entices players to reach the higher levels in order to create better gear and compete (again it only takes 20 hours to hit level 60). By making it so the level cap is based of levels means that outpost pvp is more diverse and its no longer gkit is god set for trainee and hero. By doing this it adds a lot more custom aspects to pvp fights and outpost fights ect.

Guards and Hitmen
    Hitmen were created and made specifically for the purpose of drivebys otherwise everywhere would just be wardens everywhere. Enforcers were made to stop drivebys but allow sui's wardens were made to stop everything with hitmen being created to give you a chance to escape which it does. Guards allowed for you to driveby easily, the purpose of all these types of guards was to allow you to do certian things and stop you from doing others however since the pvp update it made all guards the same. Yes you can still kill a guard however you cannot db a guard or kill tens of guards like you use to be able to. You cannot db a hitmen, they have too much health and your only chance of surviving one if you're vil is getting hit away (most mines where they are at you cannot if you're trying to db them).

Whats the point in the different types of guards anymore as all of them stop you from dying and with the addition of gkit/rank kit being extremely accessible and tanky you are never going to be suiied or driveby'd. Swords also do less damage now meaning you have an extreamly high chance of surviving naked from a sui attempt.

Either revert gear to how it use to be but buff lower tier amours for how tanky they are against higher tier weapons or spend tens - hundreds of hours trying to balance this to fix it. Killing guards, drivebys and going vil were some of the most fun things that you could do and the pvp update removed that.

Conclusion/overview
    1. Stop thinking you know what the server needs and actually start listening to the player base, you haven't had a successful large update with the majority of comments about it being positive since outposts.
    2. Stop trying to cater to the low level players who chose not to spend 20 hours total getting out of those low tier levels, they'll never actively play as they currently can't spend 20 hours to reach level 60.
    3. Prisons is a grind based game mode and your server specific is a team based one, obviously being a solo player level 10 is going to be hard but those people will never stay as they cannot figure out the basics of the server if they're lower than level 30 and gang less.
    4. Focus on keeping your current player base which you are losing instead of trying to gain a potential player base. Don't Love over the players that continue to play throughout your shit updates as eventually you'll lose them too and then have no actual prisons players, the left over players will be the ones who don't grind and prisons is a grind.
    Overall fix your current issues before adding new content that's just going to be broken because your amour system along with other fundamentals are broken and unbalanced.

@trembo @XsSlayeR3 @Woofless
    You can either take whats said in this post with a pinch of salt but understand that what you're currently doing doesn't work, hasn't worked and that you need to change what you're doing. Or alternatively you can ignore this post and continue on down the same destructive path for your server and continue to drive away your active player base in hopes that these players that spend few hours will one day stay a bit longer.

You've been trying to cater to the low tier players for a while now and have failed at every point, change your strategy and cater to your currently playing player base before you lose all of them too. The changes from the last update (gen pricing) shows how out of touch you are with your server and the fact that theirs been no successful update since outposts shows how little you know about your player base. On top of that you chose to ignore post similar to this one constantly which prove to get a lot of positive feedback and continue down what you thinks best which so far has never been right.

Thanks for taking your time to read this post as I know it's quite lengthy, it was something that needed to be done and something I have been asked to create for a while now but put it off because I was done with trying to help out as it just gets ignored every time.

• Agree x 16
    • Like x 1
    • EZ x 1
    • Savage x 1
    • RIP x 1
  2. P1vto

P1vto Well-Known Member
    Sahara V+ Bot

Can we just get a massive round of applause for taco? This is the realest and best worded forum post I think I’ve ever seen. Taco hits extremely good points here with more to build onto this post as well. I strongly, strongly suggest you listen to taco here as he’s one of the smartest players I’ve met and he knows exactly what he’s doing. But this is a +1 if I’ve ever seen it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • RIP RIP x 1
  3. GirlofGolden

GirlofGolden Well-Known Member
    Sentry Ash Sahara V+ Imperial Pioneer

4. MyUnclesTaint

MyUnclesTaint Member
    Supreme Magma

5. Im_A_Slave

Im_A_Slave Well-Known Member
    Sahara V Vulcan Emperor+ Overlord

6. Ph0enixxTV

Ph0enixxTV Well-Known Member
    Sapling Vulcan+ Emperor+ Sahara II

7. Fearzu

Fearzu Active Member
    Elder Sahara V Ash Emperor Divergent

+1 just gkit pics are fine that's the only thing that dosent need changing

8. JakeIsFat

JakeIsFat Well-Known Member
    Elder Terminator+ Sahara V Vulcan Emperor+ Pioneer

+1 the server is going down hill because of some updates

9. ThatTacoMan

Yeah I agree, however tbh gkits as a whole could do with changing as picks are too easy to make in comparison to amour. like they're balanced in terms of how much nrg it takes for creating amour (talking about the energy you get from them) but when it comes to picks I get 1 prestige for a dia pick per 3 days which is broken. Change energy amounts for amour simple fix.

10. CmonTeris

CmonTeris Well-Known Member
    Sapling Ash Sahara V+ Imperial

+1 For the first time listen to your community they know what they want.

11. XsSlayeR3

XsSlayeR3 Community Manager
    Administrator

@ThatTacoMan I strongly agree with some of your points here without a doubt and don't agree with others. Raiding in particular definitely needs some work on it and is a very difficult thing to balance and tweak and I agree that we need to look at guards as things have changed a lot since guards were made. If you are ever around in TS I would be happy to chat with you about some of these points so I can get a better understanding at your views on them in a more detailed manner.

12. ThatTacoMan

• Illuminati Illuminati x 1
    • Savage Savage x 1
  13. KimmyIsFat

KimmyIsFat Well-Known Member
    Vulcan+ Emperor+ Sahara III

14. CrystalFar

CrystalFar Alpha Tester II
    Alpha Tester II Elder Vulcan Emperor Sahara III Pioneer

Taco, I've been on Prisons forums for over two years and without a doubt, this is one of if not the most, thought out and well-executed thread I've read so far. I totally agree with your points and I'm happy that someone in the community stepped up and made a post that wasn't "CosmicPrisons is bad!! updates suck!!".
    Cheers!

15. Midkip

Midkip Well-Known Member
    Birch Vulcan Emperor Martian Sahara I

16. yolomonther123

yolomonther123 Well-Known Member
    Spruce Sahara V Imperial

+1, raiding is so unbalanced and buggy rn. High cells and med cells are easy raid. You take like no damage from those guards. Due to iron gear having more durability than gold, high cells are even easier compare to med. Low is not that hard just annoying. Leather gear have very low durability, you can only tank for like less than 1min before your gear breaks. Max and VIP require you to have ff10 to raid (most cases). However VIP guards do massive damage. VIP raid can be easily stop as long as most of the guards are not killed yet and the defender knows what they are doing. This means high>med>low>max>VIP in terms of easier to raid which is not equal to the energy invested, high cells cost more to set up than low cell.

Guards are buggy with the new system. Regen on guards do not work in most cases. And the range upgrade is even worse. If the player is inside the guard range while the path to reach the player is not fully within its range, the guard will be glitched and it will just simply staring the player through the blocks that is blocking them. This allowed raiders to kill the guards through glitch without taking any damage and player able to create untrainable cell where you are forced to jump down trap in order to be able to kill the guard. A simple fix to this I suggested is that making inspector check can the guard reach every blocks inside it's range instead of currently just checking can they leave the cell.

Unlike what taco said, raiding don't require 5-20 people. Most raids can be done with 2-4 people if there is no defenders. Raiding itself is fine in my opinion but there is a lot of small problems that required to fix.

Btw, much love to taco for spending his time to type all these out.

17. 5ilk

5ilk Well-Known Member
    Sapling Supreme Sahara V+ Bot

+1

18. Theminer_modder

Theminer_modder Well-Known Member
    Sentry Vulcan Emperor

+1 I quite because I got to a level were their was nothing to do

19. Caanary

Caanary Well-Known Member
    Vulcan Emperor Explorer

20. Fishely