The current state of Cosmic Prisons and our plans for the future!

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by XsSlayeR3, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XsSlayeR3

XsSlayeR3 Community Manager
    Administrator

Greetings Prisoners!

This coming week we plan on introducing a rather big change to the server in its "beta phase". Those of you that have stuck by us over these past few months as we have implemented some rather big changes to the server are greatly appreciated. As such we wanted to give you a heads up of the changes we plan on making this coming Friday as well as to gather your thoughts & feedback on how this aspect of the server will change things. This isn't going to be your everyday post so make sure you are sitting comfortably!

First, let us start with the issues we are seeing right now and then we will get on to the proposed solutions.
    1. High-Tier players ganking merchant, events, NPCs
    2. High-Tier players bullying low-tier players
    3. Warzone "emptiness"
    4. Level Grind redundancy and fatigue
    High-Tier players ganking merchant, events, NPCs
    Currently, we see a high number of the recently introduced Merchants being killed by no one other than high tier armoured players. This is not something that should be happening. The idea behind the merchants and the different tiers was to give every tier of player on the server a little dose of PvE and a reward for doing so.​

Unfortunately, as it stands if say a leather player attempted to go kill an Iron Ore Merchant they would just get ROFL stomped by an Iron/Diamond Tier player and they would be discouraged from ever attempting to go for merchants again because of this.​

High-Tier players bullying low-tier players
    This is also the case for anyone below the Diamond tier armour when it comes to Meteorite hunting, in most cases as again they will just be wiped out the second they come into contact with a high tier player. We understand that if you are a high tier player you should be able to easily take on anyone in lower tier armour but we don't think this should be the case if the player is only just venturing near spawn or the mines that they are the respective tier of.​

Warzone "emptiness"
    As it stands right now the planets warzones are not used by anyone other than the high-tier players and as such it removes any competition for you high-tier players and means there is little to no PvP and just becomes boring for you guys.

Now let us get on to the proposed solution that we plan on implementing to the server on the 15th February for the above 3 issues

(#1, #2, #3) Solution: Tiered Zones

The map will be cut up into these zones which will basically act in the same respect as Outposts do except from you will not be blocked from entering another tiers zone but if the tier you are entering is of a lower tier than the armour/weaponry you have on you your armour/weapons will be limited/act the same as the highest tier allowed in that zone. Your enchants will also be limited based off the tier.

Here are the tiers and the limitations in them:

Leather Area
    Leather Armor & Stone Weaponry
    Armor Enchants restricted to Level 11
    Weapon Enchants resetricted to Level 16

Gold Area
    Gold Armor & Gold Weaponry
    Armor Enchants restricted to Level 21
    Weapon Enchants resetricted to Level 21

Iron Area
    Iron Armor & Iron Weaponry
    Armor Enchants restricted to Level 31
    Weapon Enchants resetricted to Level 31

Diamond Area
    Diamond Armor & Diamond Weaponry
    Armor Enchants restricted to Level 41
    Weapon Enchants resetricted to Level 41
    So say for example you were wearing Iron armor and using an Iron sword and walked into the Gold Tiered zone your armor and weapons would still work but they will only be as effective as Gold armor/weapons. If you had more enchants on your armor/weapons that what is allowed in that zone then only your highest tiered enchants up to the limit for that area would work.

Let's take this armor piece here as an example:
    [​IMG]
    If you walked into a gold area with this chestplate equipped, the server will take the highest tier enchants into consideration up to a total of 20 enchant levels as that is the limit of gold armor so in this case the following enchants would work on this armor piece:
    Overload 4
    Aegis 5
    Fair Fight 10
    Blood Magic 1
    The left over 4 levels of Blood Magic & Damage Limiter would not work while in the Gold Area​

Displaying the zone boundaries

We understand how bad it would be if you ended up strolling into another tiers zone without noticing as this could put you at quite a big disadvantage and at risk of losing your coveted god set. We have put a lot of thought into how to make sure you guys know when you are about to enter another tiers zone.

While we can't show you this visually yet the plan is give you a 1.8 title (Big flashy text in the middle of your screen) when entering another tiers zone, as well as chat text which will show you which enchants on your armor/weapons will be effective not to mention some floating swords (The sword shown will be reflective of the tier that you are about to enter) which act like a wall in front of you showing the border between the two tiers.
    Summary
    To sum up this implementation will give every player in their own respective tier the ability to be able to move around the overworld in their own sections without worry of higher-tier player ROFL stomping them into the ground deterring them from continuing the grind and have the ability to try out other methods of grinding like Merchants and Meteorites.
    Level Grind redundancy and fatigue
    Currently as it stands once you hit 102, 103 you don't have much really pushing you on to continue to grind and as such the game mode as a whole can get pretty boring for you high-tier players.

We have some plans in the works to implement the following idea on your planets reset!

(#4) Solution: Player Prestiging
    We are looking into changing how the levelling system works as a whole from how long it takes to grind through the initial 1 - 99 levels as well as player prestiging! As it stands the first time you grind up to level 100 you will cap out and not be able to level up anymore. We plan on making this initial grind a little easier. Upon prestiging you will be reset to level 1 but with gain the ability to level up to level 101!

Level rewards/unlocks for the higher tier levels will be more compact so you will unlock more at level 101 than you previously did for example we plan to make emerald ore mineable at level 100 and prestiging is entirely optional.

We will dive deeper into Player Prestiging as we get closer to planet resets!
    Upcoming Resets
    Lastly we know you guys are eager for resets and they are coming soon! We are just as excited for them as you guys are and we can't wait to get into them in the near future!

Talk to us!

We want you guys to read this through and give us your thoughts, feedback, ideas on how we can implement these changes plus anything you think we may have missed. You guys have stuck with us through a lot these past few months and we appreciate every little bit of it. These changes that we have made recently will become a lot more beneficial upon your planets reset but we want to iron them out before we reach reset and as such, I guess you could say that you guys are beta testing them for us.

Respond to this post with your thoughts as we will be reading through every single one of them. I will also be talking about these changes myself in Teamspeak and through my streams over the next week. Again I want to thank you all for sticking by us through these changes <3

• RIP RIP x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. ItsJerb

ItsJerb Moderator
    Moderator Sahara IV Vulcan Emperor+ Explorer Martian

:D Here's to the future!

• RIP RIP x 2
  3. Fearzu

Fearzu Active Member
    Ash Sahara V Divergent Elder Emperor

4. Fect

Fect Well-Known Member
    Sahara III Sapling Supreme Magma Explorer

5. _LMV

_LMV Well-Known Member
    Plutonian Noble

very cool

6. AppleOfficial

AppleOfficial The Offical Ban Team
    BanTeam Alpha Tester II Sahara V Imperial

ok

• Savage Savage x 1
    • RIP RIP x 1
  7. Rowan_Chicken

Rowan_Chicken New Member
    Supreme

8. FlamexGamingYT

FlamexGamingYT Well-Known Member
    Ra Majesty

I think these ideas are great but i feel like the enchants should still work just proc less often

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fearzu

Fearzu Active Member

you had to make the grind harder slayer -_-

10. DaddyNoob

DaddyNoob Member
    Sahara III Underling Vulcan+ Divergent Elder Emperor+

Good luck. Still feel like you guys will find a way to mess it up. But it sounds great. More power to ya!

11. Fearzu

Fearzu Active Member

how are vips gona work???

12. WeatherCats

WeatherCats Well-Known Member
    Supreme Divergent

Well easier leveling would be nice

13. xDiddi

xDiddi Active Member
    Vulcan Emperor Pioneer

14. Ryan_the_Boss_10

Ryan_the_Boss_10 Moderator
    Moderator Alpha Tester I Ash Sahara V+ Elder Emperor+ Pioneer

15. J_Shot

J_Shot Active Member
    Ash Spruce Ulterior Emperor

16. Cookay89

Cookay89 Well-Known Member
    Supreme Underling Magma Divergent

Thanks for being transparent. Can't wait for the future.

17. Risings

Risings Well-Known Member
    Ash Emperor

18. TMarioC

TMarioC Well-Known Member
    Spruce Magma Emperor Martian

THIS is what I want to see. While I may not like the final numbers openness and transparency about what you are planning is intangibly valuable. I do hope to see a GOOD outcome for this and hope that it goes well. This is a gamble and I hope it works because I genuinely enjoy this game. I personally feel that 100 should be primarily easy to get, because a lot of us don't want to grind are butts off every map. By adding level prestige casual players can play at the same level of top grinders but not the same amount of possessions. Please do this well for the sake of prisons

19. NickT08

NickT08 Well-Known Member
    Sahara V Magma Emperor Birch

20. YouWould

YouWould Alpha Tester II
    Alpha Tester II Vulcan Plutonian Emperor

Forgive me for the rant i'm about to go on

these past few updates have completely ruined prisons, that's why so many people have quit. It's because of the fact that your making it so much harder of a game to the point where you have to be putting in 12 hours a day to actually have fun. If you implement this, it's going to repeat the last couple of updates but times it by 10. so many more top players will quit, your top p2wers included (because i know you just do this for the money :/). I really don't want to quit this game, but i feel like if you implement this its going to completely destroy it to the point where it can't be playable anymore. People can cope with the past couple of updates, but this will make it so much harder to play the actual game. This would basically make it so theirs absolutely no reward for leveling up besides shards, since you cant kill anyone any easier except for your own tier. if you start late on a planet, that's your own fault and you need to mine in the mines and learn how to play the game instead of running out and met mining and dying to a diamond and then getting mad at the game and quitting. your altering the base part of what made cosmic prisons so fun in the first place, people are going to stop making god sets because of the uselessness they will have further on. i think that tiered outposts and tiered cells is enough, you should be able to roam freely in the wilderness with whatever armor you want and kill anyone you want, it's part of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.